It’s true. There are things I made a mental note of wanting, and then I got them. There are experiences I wanted to create and then they happened, places I wanted to be, etc.
There are two things I’ve always done that have led to a pretty decent success rate—visualization and practice. I imagine how I want things to be on a daily basis, and then I do something to move closer to it.
If I fail, it’s because I try.
I check my progress monthly. Occasionally, I check results, but I do that sparingly. I might pause to shed some tears, but then I get right back up and keep working on the same thing with renewed energy.
On that note, I figured I’d end the week (or start the week, depending on how you see it) with a list of glorious things that have actually happened. They weren’t miracles. And they required waiting, influencing, or both.
- History Channel finally has an online subscription service.
- Grocery delivery service is for everyone.
- It’s free (right now where I live) to use public transportation.
- More people than ever can work and volunteer from home.
- More people than ever understand their role in public health.
- Close to home, I have the ocean, islands, mountains, creeks, and flowers all year long.
- We have pivotal knowledge through technology that shapes how we live, love, and learn.
- I spend more time than ever learning about social and environmental justice issues.
- My value is honored in a multitude of ways. It’s beyond what I had ever imagined!